[Wine] Playing Gamemaker 6 and 7 games on OSX?

tron1o7 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Mar 22 12:05:39 CDT 2009

I have recently gotten back into making a games with gamemaker.  I had a big game that I didn't finish on my old computer running Windows XP.  But then my stupid sister dropped my laptop done the stairs.  That was about 2 months ago, and I got a new laptop running OSX because my parents hate Windows (while I love it).  I was looking through a flashdrive with my stuff from my old laptop on it and I found the game I was working on.  I thought about using wine to run game maker so I could finish it.  Once I had it up and I tried playing the part of my game I had finished I gave me this message:

Runtime error 216 at 00431C61

And when I download other games made with game maker to see if my game got screwed up, it gave me the same message.

Does anyone know why it does that, if there is any way to fix it, or if there was another free program like wine that does not have this problem?

I would really appreciate it if somebody would answer, since I really want to finish my game.