[Wine] Playing Gamemaker 6 and 7 games on OSX?

James Mckenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 23 09:01:32 CDT 2009

tron1o7 <wineforum-user at winehq.org> on March 22nd wrote:

>I have recently gotten back into making a games with gamemaker.  I had a big game that I didn't finish on my old computer running Windows XP.  But then my stupid sister dropped my laptop done the stairs.  That was about 2 months ago, and I got a new laptop running OSX because my parents hate Windows (while I love it).  I was looking through a flashdrive with my stuff from my old laptop on it and I found the game I was working on.  I thought about using wine to run game maker so I could finish it.  Once I had it up and I tried playing the part of my game I had finished I gave me this message:
>
>Runtime error 216 at 00431C61

This is not a Wine error message.  This is coming from Gamemaker or the program it created.  Does this program require the installation of Microsoft Visual Basic or .NET runtime libraries?  They may not be installed properly.

Your problem may have another source and that is the 'broken' X11 that is supplied by Apple.  The MacOSXForge's XQuartz project is working on fixing this and expect to release a version of XQuartz soon with a fix.

James McKenzie