[Wine] Fedora Updates Hosed Wine

vtx wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Mar 25 21:29:10 CDT 2009

So some specs ...
Fedora 10 (32bit), Wine (v1.1.15).

I installed warcraft 3 and frozen throne expansion, when I did a clean Fedora 10 install with Wine 1.1.15. Things ran well for the most part, once in awhile war3 would throw up and error just after launching, all I had to do was relaunch the program and I was good. I was using opengl.

The March 23rd some new updates came down the pipe for my system (that auto notifier that comes with Fedora 10). As I usually do I downloaded/installed them. Well Wine no longer functions. The update installed updates for ...

libX11, lcms-libs, gtk2, postgresql-libs, lcms, keepassx, xorg-x11-drv-vesa, selinux-policy, selinux-policy-targeted

So my guess is either the GTK2 or the xorg update hosed wine. The crazy thing is I can't even run "Wine Configuration" I try to launch it and nothing happens (by going to Applications, Wine, WIne Configuration). When I try to launch my war3, it acts like its loading (opens a window on the taskbar) then it disapears (I assume crashes).

I am just wondering if you have any troubleshooting suggestions? Is there a log I can check to see why war3 is crashing? Any idea why wine's own configuration won't even load?

Thanks