[Wine] Re: "wine explorer ..." doesn't catch CTRL keypresses

zakaluka wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Mar 26 01:00:55 CDT 2009

vitamin wrote:

> zakaluka wrote:
> > So, the question is, who is consuming the CTRL keypress, gdm or wine's virtual desktop?
>
> Probably something else, like XIM, keyboard emulator, program that handles special keys, etc.
>
> Virtual desktop doesn't "consume" any keys - it never gets focus.

That's highly unlikely, given that:
(1) this is a stock version of Ubuntu 8.10 with no extra services or programs running (and I disabled the ones that were just in case), and
(2) the problem only occurs in virtual desktop mode.

So, going to this mode is obviously adversely affecting the order in which key presses are processed, as gdm is being allowed to deal with key combinations before they are sent to applications running on the virtual desktop.

I can't find a configuration file for wine in ~/.wine (other than the .reg files), so I'm not sure where I could look for configuration variables that affect this.  I'll continue waiting for an answer, but I'm not holding out too much hope at this point.

Thanks for your help,

z.