[Wine] Hamachi, cnc3, ra3 and wine?

Sqwelch wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Mar 26 11:50:38 CDT 2009

Hey all,
I know that there are several posts on this subject but there seems to be no actual answer, however there are alot of things to try. Reason I've created a new post is that the others go so far then no 1 answers :P.
Ok so I've got hamachi working fine, pinging and all with a linux native for obvious reasons. What I'd like to get working is Command and conquer 3 kanes wrath and Red alert 3 working via hamachi. I do have retail versions of this game before anybody asks :). (Btw if your having issues pinging some 1 with the phrase "operation not permitted" in terminal, then make sure hamachi has rights in your firewalll, test this by disabling your firewall and see what happens, don't forget to turn it back on).

What I've tried!!
Changing the host file in the etc folder to my hamachi IP address:- results in other players having the ability to see me in the lobby, see all I type and can see any Games I create, However I cannot see them nor can they join my games, "connection timed out".

I've also changed the ip address in the options.ini file located in the cnc / ra folders in application data on the wine c:, it did nothing.

Changing the host file to the default IP address (Hamachi still running) :- results in me having the ability to see them and see the chat they type, games etc but again cannot join their games.

What I'd like to know
Can these games be played through hamachi at all on linux? Does any body have an answer to this, if so then please post,

or

Has anybody actually been able to get either of these games running via hamachi successfully? if so How (step by step guide would be nice)?

Specs
Ubuntu 8.10 64bit AMD6000+ Nvidia 8500GT
Wine 1.1.16

Conclusion
Well hopefully we can finally put an end to weather these games work or not in hamachi in linux so when other search the answer is here.

Thanks in advance