[Wine] Re: Does WineHQ support OpenMP ?

olinews wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Mar 27 05:22:29 CDT 2009

I actually searched through the website and didn't found anything about OpenMP nor vcomp.dll wich is the regular dll to support OpenMP on windows native system.

Finally i just wrote a little "hello world" program on windows with VS2008:

Code:

int wmain(int argc, WCHAR* argv[])
{
   #pragma omp parallel
   {
       printf("Hello World\n");
   }
  return 0;
}

To make it work on my Ubuntu i had to use winetricks (http://wiki.winehq.org/winetricks):

Code:

wget http://www.kegel.com/wine/winetricks
sh winetricks corefonts vcrun2008

Then i had to copy the vcomp90.dll along with my sample executable. This dll is the regular OpenMP support for VS2008. It seems not to be installed with VS2008 redistribuable package.

And it worked  :P
So, as far as i can see, OpenMP compliant software works fine with WineHQ on Ubuntu.
Need more realistic test now...  [Mr. Green]

Hope this can help someone.