[Wine] How does a noob have to uninstall Wine (on MacOSX)??

James Mckenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 27 13:46:37 CDT 2009

Bob Lee Swagger <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote on March 27th:
>Sent: Mar 27, 2009 11:12 AM
>To: wine-users at winehq.org
>Subject: [Wine]  Re: How does a noob have to uninstall Wine (on MacOSX)??
>

>> Did you download Wine from this location or Freetype?
>
>I downloaded Freetype from there.
>

>> How did you install Wine? From source, or via darwine?
>
>From source.
>I used this link to donwload the file : http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=6241&package_id=77449
>
>I installed wine via terminal :
>
>Code:
>cd Desktop/Wine-1.1.3
>./configure
>make depend && make
>sudo make install

To remove wine in this case:

cd to the wine source directory, Desktop/Wine-1.1.3.

run the unixy uninstaller:

sudo make uninstall

This should remove all of the Wine files from your system.

I highly recommend avoiding all of this trouble by running a pre-built Wine package, but the latest available is 1.1.9 from Mike Kronenberg.  Zach Drayer's builds may be problematic as they do not run on my system and have been reported to install software in /usr/local.

I will ping the folks at darwine.good-day.net again to try and get a response as I built several later Wine files, but they will only run on Leopard (MacOSX 10.5) and only on Intel based Macs.

James McKenzie