[Wine] Error while unpacking program, code LP5 ...

thorgal wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Mar 28 10:07:05 CDT 2009

Hey,

I am trying to open a win32 VSTi which installed fine on a fresh install of wine 1.1.15 (debian sid, dell latitude laptop, intel board, pentium M).

The audio environment is fine (jack, ALSA) and other VSTis work nicely. But this one does not, it craps out the error message

"Error while unpacking program, code LP5".

I googled this error msg on the net, and most of the time, it pops up due some stuff regarding anti-virus, etc. But there's no such thing with wine, so I am wondering what can cause that. It is a real PITA. Anyone had seen this error message under wine ?