[Wine] Re: Wine apps in realtime,possible?

sevy wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Mar 28 17:23:47 CDT 2009

Hi Peter
Im trying to run winamp with the linein plugin so I can use a dsp compressor that I cant do with out.
The best I can get out of it is Alsa in wine,then in winamp either directsound or waveout or even low latency waveout.
Luckily even though the sound breaks up when I move the mouse,my internet stream is fluid.I can settle for that. :)
Another problem Im having is that when I begin capturing sound through linein the latency is quite small but as time goes on it becomes much more(I hear myself speaking probably more than 10 seconds later!)
I havent yet had asio plugin for winamp work with linein.
Ill give asio in wine a try.

Thanx