[Wine] OSX MacPort Install 1.0.1 - winecfg problems

iveand wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Mar 29 05:00:06 CDT 2009

I tried a binary install of Darwine last week but wasn't that happy and wanted to go for the more "authentic" MacPort install.

OSX 10.5.6

Everything seemed to install properly, but the first thing I wanted to check was winecfg to set up the drives a bit differently.  It didn't load very well as the first tab of winecfg loads (Application Settings), but the buttons at the bottom don't have labels.  None of the other tabs load.  Obvoiusly something crashed.

Trying to click any of the three buttons at the bottom (or the Add Application button which does at least have text on it) give the following error:

X Error of failed request:  BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)
  Major opcode of failed request:  152 (RENDER)
  Minor opcode of failed request:  4 (RenderCreatePicture)
  Serial number of failed request:  841

I thought maybe this had something to do with the .wine folder that Darwine set up, so I removed it and "re-installed" the Wine port, which basically just re-configured.

No luck.

Then I dug a bit and thought maybe the upgrade to XQuartz was needed.  So I downloaded and installed that.  Same issue, however.

This seems pretty basic, but have not seen similar errors from others.  Any clues to pursue?

Thanks,

iveand

OSX 10.5.6 Macbook Pro 2.16 C2D[img][/img][img][/img][img][/img][img][/img]