[Wine] Compatibility regression after migrating to 64 bit Linux

Leonardo Ferreira Fontenelle leonardof at gnome.org
Sun Mar 29 20:29:45 CDT 2009

I used to use Wine (from 0.9.x to 1.1.x) on ArchLinux 32 bits to run a
Brazilian Dictionary called Houaiss [1], and it worked almost
flawlessly. But then I got a new computer and installed Ubuntu 64 bits
on it, and now Houaiss' interface is  unreadable (same Windows software,
not a 64 bits version). I'll provide further information below, and I'd
like to know if it's a 64 bits issue, or if it's an Ubuntu issue.

Using this screenshot [2] as a reference: all text was absent or
unreadable, except for the menu bar, the tool bar, and the tabs on the
left. The graphical elements were wcorrect. When I tried typing at the
text entry field above the (unreadable) word list, I received an error
dialog, eith the message "External exception 8000101." and the title
"Houaiss2".

I attached the output of Wine in the command line. Thank you very much
for your attention!

1.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dicion%C3%A1rio_Houaiss_da_L%C3%ADngua_Portuguesa
2. http://www.digento.de/screenshots/100571s01.gif