[Wine] Ghost32.exe

James Mckenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 30 09:57:32 CDT 2009

iveand <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote on March 30th:

>> Make sure you have read/write access to that device as well not just the mount point.
>> Also Wine can't access not mounted disks.
>

>How do I verify read/write to the device directly not just through the mount point?

Check the permissions for the device when mounted.  They should be at least:

rw-rw-rw

The device owner should be what you logged in with.  Some systems set the owner to root and this causes problems if the drive is not writeable by other users.

>I am new to Linux as well as Wine so I apologize for my lack of knowledge.

We all were new to Linux at one time or another.  No need to apologize.

James McKenzie