[Wine] cannot access winecfg/Drive with .wine made with 1.1.18

mr jingle wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Mar 30 16:52:31 CDT 2009

I'm  using wine 1.1.18 on Ubuntu Intrepid 32 bit and cannot access the "Drive" folder in
winecfg while using ".wine" folder created with this release.
while creating it, the terminal shows the error:

err:process:__wine_kernel_init boot event wait timed out

and when accessing the Drive Tab it says:

err:winecfg:open_mountmgr failed to open mount manager err 2

after i close winecfg the processes "wineserver" and "services.exe" remain active.

If I try to use an older folder , converted to 1.1.18 but created with wine 1.1.17 , it works without any of these problems.

I've tried removing every trace of pulseaudio from my computer, using pasuspender, aoss, etc and nothing seems to change.