[Wine] How to deal with the message: winedevice.exe has encountered

Austin English austinenglish at gmail.com
Fri May 1 11:07:50 CDT 2009

On Fri, May 1, 2009 at 10:39 AM, Montblanc <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:

> austin987 wrote:
>> And for users that had random crashes with no explanation, they'd think quite differently. You can't have your cake and eat it to.
>

> I don't get it: if an app crashes, I'm used to debug it from shell. Users can do as they did till 1.1.20. I think no one has asked for a buggy feature.

You may be, and that's good. But _a ton_ of users aren't using the
command line. And to be honest, we've put a lot of work into making
sure they don't have to.

It's not a buggy feature, it works fine. The bug is elsewhere, in
whatever's crashing ;-).

> austin987 wrote:
>> You can use:
>> $ WINEDLLOVERRIDES="winedbg.exe=d" wine foo.exe to work around it.
>

> Thank you, I'll try it when I'll be forced to use wine >= 1.1.20.

Apparently there's also a registry key, though I can't find it off
hand. Search the registry for 'showgui'.

--
-Austin