[Wine] AutoCAD and Wine

Austin English austinenglish at gmail.com
Fri May 1 11:33:42 CDT 2009

On Fri, May 1, 2009 at 11:22 AM, miciomax <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:

> ruelle wrote:
>> a good news about autoCAD:
>> http://forum.winehq.org/viewtopic.php?p=23584&sid=450fb2ccd4751fd3d6d5528da00ef90d
>>
>> thank you Max!!
>>
>> when the patch will be accepted in official wine-git?
>
> Point 2, aka the DIB engine, won't very probably never be accepted on wine (at least, my solution), so the only way by now is to patch wine.
> I'm thinking to upload somewhere the gdi32.dll.so and winedib.drv.dll.so
> precompiled files for people who want to test without rebuild wine....

That's pretty hacky, and can break across different
distributions/versions of libc/etc.

> I'm also thinking on making a debian pre-built patched wine package, for AutoCAD users.... if I've time to do it, I'll post news here.

To be honest, I think making a Autocad version of wine would be great.

Make a repository, keep it up to date with regular wine + DIB engine +
a few hacks for autocad.

Just be sure to make it clear it's not 'vanilla' wine, so bugs
shouldn't be filed against it without first verifying them in vanilla
wine.

Scott can probably help you with this. If not, let me know.

--
-Austin