[Wine] Re: Can't get Photoscape to run :-(

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri May 1 21:55:29 CDT 2009

MT Brain wrote:
> I checked the config, there was no override for gdiplus, and adding one surely didn't change anything :-)
>
> I'm not sure whether I am running it natively, in fact I haven't even heard of it before today. I remember using wine-tricks to install, if I remember correctly, vcrun6 to get Photoscape running in the first place. I also installed Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable, it actually appears twice in the Wine Application Uninstaller.
>
> Can you give me some more info on gdiplus? Should I uninstall Visual C++ 2005 and install it from scratch?
>
> Thanks, I really appreciate it!

I downloaded Photoscape 3.3 and it installs and runs fine for me in 1.1.20 without any overrides. The app itself installs Visual C++ 2005, so I don't know why you installed it again.

Try renaming your wineprefix and reinstalling the app to a clean one. You didn't say what Wine version you're using--if it's not the latest development release, upgrade.