[Wine] Re: Can't get Photoscape to run :-(

MT Brain wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat May 2 09:02:10 CDT 2009

Hmmm, that's interesting. I definitely installed to a new Wineprefix, and Photoscape was the one and only thing I installed. Thanks for the link to the FAQ - what worries me: if I follow the steps described there, am I not going to lose the menu entries for wincfg, the uninstaller and "Browse C:\ drive" as well?

Also, removing old entries will not solve my other problem: when I installed Photoscape, no menu entries were created for it. Sure I could do it manually, but something must be screwed up so they no longer get created automatically.

Also, when I run Photoscape with the new version of Wine, I get the "serious problem" error window after the following output:

thebrightside at MISTERDEATHFUCK:~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/PhotScap$ wine PhotoScape.exe
fixme:actctx:parse_depend_manifests Could not find dependent assembly L"Microsoft.VC80.MFCLOC" (8.0.50608.0)
fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x315cc0,0x00000000), stub!
wine: Unhandled page fault on read access to 0x00000048 at address 0x4b277cd7 (thread 0009), starting debugger...

When I close that window, the rest appears.
Obviously, I can fix the first one by installing vcrun2005 with Winetricks (i.e. Visual C++ 2005), which then indeed leaves me with the old output from the first post - and the "serious error" window after: