[Wine] Fotress forever problems

chuk0i wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun May 3 12:49:29 CDT 2009

I'm able to get in-game running under the latest release of wine after deletion of certain said font files. These include HUDfonts_caps.ttf, HUDfont.ttf, and Crossharis.ttf. Anyone know why you need to delete said files? What's causing ff to crash because of said files? How to fix it?

Furthermore, while I'm able to get in-game I cannot get much further. Playing sniper is fine but if I change to any other class, ff will crash and fail horribly. I've heard this isn't an isolated incident either. Any suggestions? I will post a crash log soon, just upgrading my system as we speak.