[Wine] Re: OneNote2007 and Wine

omsafiaa wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon May 4 14:22:07 CDT 2009

Hi again,

I've run the wine start ... from the terminal as a user not as root as I just saw some strong advice never to run wine or anything else from root and now the output I get is this:

[user at localhost ~]$ wine start 'd:\office12\onenote2007.exe'
fixme:exec:SHELL_execute flags ignored: 0x00000500
Application could not be started, or no application associated with the specified file.
ShellExecuteEx failed: File not found

And when I searched forums for this it seems that solution is to go back and install the program again now. I just wanted to check this was correct before I go and do it?
And would I need to uninstall onenote before reinstalling it or would this happen automatically when i reinstall? There was also something about removing wine configs first but I'm not sure of what that was exactly.

Sorry to be a pest.