[Wine] Re: wine error causing reboot

kamikaze942 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed May 6 11:23:01 CDT 2009

socphoenix,

Did you ever resolve this issue?  i have just recently installed wine 1.1.20 on
Ubuntu 9.04 and as soon as i start wine it boots me to the login screen.

I have tried two seperate programs on Wine

warcraft 3  ~ it will start the loading screen and then boot me to login screen

Itunes ~  starts installing after about 5 seconds it boots me to login screen.

this is my video driver,

filename:       /lib/modules/2.6.28-11-generic/kernel/drivers/acpi/video.ko
license:        GPL
author:         Bruno Ducrot
srcversion:     240C6FAC0F04ADD8FA4B2C3
alias:          acpi*:LNXVIDEO:*
depends:        output
vermagic:       2.6.28-11-generic SMP mod_unload modversions
parm:           brightness_switch_enabled:bool

Let me know if anyone has any ideas.   how do i reinstall my graphics drivers?
im somewhat of a linux noob, but plan on sticking with linux if i can figure out wine.