[Wine] Re: Wine by default picks up from c:windowssystem32

vitamin wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu May 7 08:59:51 CDT 2009

VJ wrote:
> When we run wine <program.exe>, it looks like wine by default tries to pick up files from drive_c\windows\system32.

That is actually the last place it looks in. The message that you get "can't find c:\windows\system32\program.exe" is misleading.

VJ wrote:
> What do we do if the executable files are installed in a different location?

Same as on windows:
- CD into that directory (current directory is the first to look for the program.exe)
- Specify full path to the executable
- Add directory with the executable it to the PATH

Yes, via registry http://wiki.winehq.org/UsefulRegistryKeys