[Wine] Re: Call for volunteers

fcmartins wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat May 9 09:18:34 CDT 2009

Freakazo wrote:

> > ...If you're a moderate to advanced user of wine...
>

> What's the definition of a moderate user? Just wondering if I could be of any use...

Minimal terminal skills are needed. Simplified steps are (other approaches are possible):

- after downloading the file, say, to the Desktop, open a terminal, and rename your current wineprefix:

Code:

mv .wine .wine_original
cd Desktop
wine download.exe

Of course sometimes (maybe often actually), your download will be in a compressed file and you have to uncompress it.

I suggest you find a bug that uses a program that might interest you and give it a try. Just come back if you need more help.