[Wine] Unable to start a directX application after one was closed

RC wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun May 10 09:08:25 CDT 2009

currently using wine 1.1.21 and ubuntu 9.04

I can perfectly start a game like starcraft, then when I exit the game, I'm unable to start it again, throwing the following error on the command line:

> steven at pc-steven:~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/Starcraft$ wine StarCraft.exe
> fixme:advapi:SetSecurityInfo stub
> X Error of failed request:  GLXBadDrawable
>   Major opcode of failed request:  128 (GLX)
>   Minor opcode of failed request:  5 (X_GLXMakeCurrent)
>   Serial number of failed request:  528
> steven at pc-steven:~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/Starcraft$

To start any dx application again, I need to log out and back in.
Any directx application seems to be affected, not only SC, but non dx applications, like notepad, seem to work fine.
This behavior started after upgrading from ubuntu 8.10 (using 1.1.19 then), after that, most games or applications refused to start altogether. I removed wine, deleted the ~/.wine directory as well and reinstalled wine again. This solved part of the problem, but the result is as described above.

Is there any solution to this problem?

I'm also using the nvidia 180 drivers, and dual monitoring (separate x screens using xinerama)

This does not occur on my laptop using debian lenny (clean install + updates) with wine 1.1.20 (single widescreen monitor using compiz and the nvidia 173 driver)