[Wine] Zangbandtk under wine - Mouse and Saving issues

risingsun wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon May 11 07:03:15 CDT 2009

Hi, I'm afraid this is largely a reproduction of the post I had on the ubuntu forums but I thought I might be able to get a bit more help with the wine errors here. :)

I've been trying to play with the old binary I had from my windows installation of zangbandtk (version 240r5.) It runs almost perfectly but I've encountered two issues:

1) The Right click menus in inventories don't really work (the menu items don't highlight and it manages to successfully block all mouse clicks for the system, both inside the game and out which is rather awkward and unusual, I have to press a button on the keyboard to close the menu and restore it.) This seems unusual to me since I can't quite understand how it's managing to break mouse clicks for the entire system rather than just the program (presumable it's the menu takes the focus and is waiting for a mouse click which never registers.) I don't receive any errors when this occurs though.

2) The game is unable to save. I suspect this is tied to the error message I receive - "fixme:msvcrt:MSVCRT__sopen : pmode 0x01a4 ignored".

3) There's a third error but I don't think this one is particuarly serious - "fixme:msgack_message msg 7f (WM_GETICON) not supported yet"

I'm running Ubuntu 9.04 and Wine 1.1.21. Is anyone able to help with these? In particular would the MSVCRT error be fixed with a native version of the file (I only have the windows CD currently rather than a full installation so I don't know if anyone knows of a way to retrieve the file from it. I can find a MSVCRT.DL_ file but I doubt plain renaming is a good idea..)

Also would anyone know the means for perhaps getting some more meaningful information about the mouse quirk? Presumable some form of debugging tool for making a log might suit this purpose but I'm afraid I'm not so familiar with wine yet.