[Wine] HandBrakeCLI crashes when converting

Gert van den Berg wine-users at mohag.net
Mon May 11 13:17:51 CDT 2009

On Mon, May 11, 2009 at 19:16, risingsun <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
>> Because wine is better supported on Linux and you can get easier newer version (apt-get), i decided to run HandBrakeCLI.exe on Debian Etch (4).
>  so i thought he was trying to get it running on debian since he wasn't having much success with the mac, but I may well have misinterpreted it.

That is possible though... (I have not re-read all the replies either...)

Trying to compile a handbrake CLI under Tiger might be easier... (The
changes not affecting the GUI can't be THAT bad, and it does compile
under Windows and Linux, which should mean that the source code should
at least be mostly portable) (It might mostly involve convincing it
not to build the GUI)

Is there really that much new functionality in the newer version that
an old version (0.9.1 seem to work on Tiger) would not work?

Gert