[Wine] AION (!gameguard! problem) works on linux?is it true?

x87 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue May 12 02:23:25 CDT 2009

some people said its true to  play games with the sometimes called "rootkit"-gameguard.

> Gameguard should work with Linux, try the latest wine version or maybe the free cedega version. If wine can't get it to work cedega should, because it's optimized to work with the latest windows games, you can take a look at the list of supported programms at transgaming.com for cedega and at winehq.org for wine.
> The full Version of cedage is comercial and I'd advise you to not buy it, cause most games will run as good or even better with free wine :-)

now i changed my operatingsystem from windows to linux (fc10). all games works fine with wine - but "AION"(MMORPG) doesn´t. *cry*

is there anybody who knows how du manipulate the gameguard?(it doesn`t work with the latest version of wine) i love the game... i need it :'(

i hope someone can help me...

hopefully greets :)