[Wine] First crack at this! Could use advice on a few questions...

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Tue May 12 22:01:57 CDT 2009

Phreakwenci wrote:
> And if so how do I completly uninstall wine and reinstall it so that it works better, I know how to uninstall macports, I'm just not sure of the order and if there's a better guide on how to do it then what I followed.

sudo port uninstall wine (should work and be the first thing you do.)

Uninstall other programs installed using MacPorts

Uninstall MacPorts

The guide you followed is a good one for Wine installation if you want
to brew your own.   Be aware that OpenGL remains broken on the Mac
because of the Apple implementation.  XQuartz has released 2.3.3, which
fixes most of the problems, but that requires Leopard 10.5.7, which has
not been released yet.

James McKenzie