[Wine] Re: ulimit -n ignored/ Max files reached

houkouonchi wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri May 15 05:34:53 CDT 2009

Ok, so doing:

ulimit -n <value>
then running wine right after that won't work? I also tried putting it in my .bashrc which didn't help either.

I in the past already tried editing /etc/security/limits.conf but it doesn't seem to be making a difference. Even if I run env-update any new shells or anything like that would just use my old limit of 1024. I never had issues like this on rtorrent when I just ran ulimit -n <value> before starting it up but I am guessing wine works differently.

Do you know how I can get the values in /etc/security/limits.conf o take affect without rebooting. I can't reboot this machine.

Thanks for the info!