[Wine] Re: 4Story charters, monsters, mounts are not animated

jay wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat May 16 11:48:49 CDT 2009

Well, so that's what I found out so far:
The problem seem to be that 4story uses the vertex blending extension for character animation. Vertex blending was supportet by (some) old ati cards and later got emulated by either the operating system or by the (windows, not linux) drivers using vertex shaders. So Wine would need to have an own way to handle vertex blending (e.g. using vertex shaders) in case the driver doesn't support or emulate it, but that's quite a large task in comparision to the few applications that actually rely on vertex blending.

also see http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.emulators.wine.devel/56766/focus=56766

It's probably an interesting (but not too easy) task though.

Let's hope we have more luck with the name issue hehe,
Jay