[Wine] Trying to add a wine application I've added in other Ubuntu systems, but not working

Swarup wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat May 16 19:39:05 CDT 2009

I am running Jaunty in a Dell M6400 laptop. I have a collection of electronic books with an index and search program to run searches on them. This is a Windows-based text-index and search utility, and I have installed it successfully using WINE in many earlier versions of Ubuntu as well as in another computer running Jaunty. But in my DELL M6400 when I installed it, initially it wouldn't install because it was trying to install it back onto the CD itself which of course it had no permission to do (the CD was not rewritable). So I reset the target location for the install, to my home directory. It then installed fine. And the program opens fine as well, and appears completely normal. But I cannot type anything in the search window, nor can I run any searches. The program just sits there looking beautiful, but won't do anything. I've never come across this before.

How can I trouble-shoot this, so as to get the program working?