[Wine] Running games without a cd

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Sun May 17 11:09:08 CDT 2009

haydoni wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to run classic games like Age Of Empires through wine without a CD on my netbook. Is there any hope?

Yes, please read through the FAQ on how to run programs without a CD.
You must have access to the original CD and a method of transferring ISO
images to your netbook.
> Am I right in my researching, there is no tool like daemon on linux (mount such that games are happy)?

There is, but running games without a CD is more complex on Linux than
it is on Windows.

> Sorry for being stupid, thanks

Stupid is not asking the question in the first place.  Unknowing or
ignorant might be closer to what you are now.

Also, please ignore Victor's e-mail.  He just wanted to get off of the
mailing list.

James McKenzie