[Wine] Running games without a cd

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Sun May 17 14:03:45 CDT 2009

haydoni wrote:
> Thanks for a very concise and well worded answer James,
>
> "You must have access to the original CD and a method of transferring ISO
> images to your netbook. " Brilliant! I have these things.
>
> Unfortunately, I am ignorant. I have looked (line by line) on both http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ and http://www.winehq.org/docs/wineusr-guide/index, to no avail. Where may I find the "FAQ on how to run programs without a CD"?

Vitamin provided additional information that the game requires the CD in
order to run.  Some companies 'hide' information on the CD that is used
to prevent running the game without it.  His advice is correct to
contact the game's producers to ask for a version that does not need the
CD so it will run on your netbook.

James McKenzie