[Wine] Dawn of War - Dark Crusade, graphics problem

halp wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun May 17 16:13:26 CDT 2009

Hello,

I have some graphics problems with Dark Crusade. I have tested both windowed and fullscreen with lowest settings, it makes no difference. It plays fine in highest settings in Windows, so my graphics card is not the problem. Maybe the drivers for linux is crappy or something, but i havent experienced anything like this before in any other game.

http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=6051 says wine v0.9.35 is working and newer versions may cause problems.
Is there any chanse that downgrading wine to 0.9.35 would make it better? I cant test this myself because i dont know how do downgrade properly.

Its pretty strange because some of the graphics works alright, but some parts does not. I have some screenshots:

[Image: http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/3992/screenshotdawnofwardark.png ]
Main menu, most looks fine except menu.

[Image: http://img385.imageshack.us/img385/3992/screenshotdawnofwardark.png ]

[Image: http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/3992/screenshotdawnofwardark.png ]
Campaign menu, doesnt look too good. :(

[Image: http://img391.imageshack.us/img391/3992/screenshotdawnofwardark.png ]
In-game.

Thank you for your support! I really appriciate it.