[Wine] opening a wine program from Ubuntu 8.04 go-home applet

pj wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun May 17 17:56:20 CDT 2009

Hello,

i have a program which runs perfectly well under WINE. The desktop config file is in the desktop, and the command is env WINEPREFIX="/home/paul/.wine" wine "C:\Program Files\AVAFX\fx_loader.exe"

However, I have placed a loader in the Gnome go-home-applet favourites section, and on clicking this I get the message "Cannot open Z:\home\paul\main_loader_settings.xml. File not found.

The error is:
EXCEPTION
EFOpenError in TForm_Fx_Loader
CODE

MESSAGE
Cannot open file "Z:\home\paul\main_loader_settings.xml". File not found
DETAILS

CALL STACK
fx_loader.exe=>StitchXMLDocument.pas=>TStitchXMLDocument.LoadFromFile=>274
fx_loader.exe=>StitchXMLNode.pas=>LoadXMLNodeFromFile=>186
fx_loader.exe=>Unit_Fx_Loader.pas=>TForm_Fx_Loader.Start=>245
fx_loader.exe=>fx_loader.dpr=>=>24

WINDOWS VERSION
5.1.2600 Service Pack 2
APPLICATION INFO
Fx_Loader 3.25.0.0
RISE TIME
2009-05-17 23:51:46

Does anybody know how to get round this please?