[Wine] Portable applications list needed

Austin English austinenglish at gmail.com
Mon May 18 10:23:27 CDT 2009

On Mon, May 18, 2009 at 10:16 AM, David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2009/5/18 Austin English <austinenglish at gmail.com>:
>
>> So wine-users, what are some of your favorite applications that have a
>> small download available and work (at least somewhat) well in wine?
>

> PuTTY is an obvious one. If Wine ever breaks PuTTY, you can be sure
> the yelling will be heard around the world.

PuTTY may be useful, but it needs an SSH server to really test its
main features, which means I need an ssh server that can have an
exposed password/access.

Otherwise, yes, perfect program for this. Still useful for testing
that it can run, text appears correctly, etc.

> Unfortunately, Windows programs that don't have an installer are a
> rarity. (My regular Windows programs, EAC and Simple Sudoku, both have
> installers.) So those will be for Austin's Suite v2 or maybe v3 ...

Installers are actually easier than .zip files. But they're more
complex than standalone applications. I'll start on installers in a
few weeks. The plan is to get a few basic tests in early, so that some
tests are going and being done daily, without waiting on further
progress.

--
-Austin