[Wine] Re: 4Story charters, monsters, mounts are not animated

Irfy wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon May 18 13:03:25 CDT 2009

jay, it's a personal view on things, obviously. I'm not trying to generalize things - you shouldn't either. It just happens that I couldn't care less about animations (*), and that the overhead texts majorly annoy me. There are votes, we can vote on the bugs - everyone's happy. I don't think that arguing about importance of things, expecting everyone to agree is productive.

And whatever I think is not arbitrary - there is always a reason for my opinion: the overhead texts problem majorly influences my ability to find out whether I'm surrounded by enemies when I port myself to another place during a war, which makes it difficult to be effective, and of help to my guild.

On the other hand, the animations are a pure eye candy, they don't hinder you in doing anything, they just visually annoy. However, I acknowledge that my "just" is your "majorly".

(*) That was an overstatement for the sake of the argument. I do care about animatons, they're the second item on my annoyances list.