[Wine] Re: Dawn of War - Dark Crusade, graphics problem

stimpak wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue May 19 18:38:44 CDT 2009

Danila Sentiabov wrote:
> So, it's Intel.
>
> As I see it (I may be wrong, but unlikely), there are two possibilities:
> 1. It will not work until Intel fixes its drivers.
> 2. It will never work (if 965GM doesn't support features that Wine uses to
> emulate some DirectX calls).
> Sad but true.
>
> --
> Best regards,
> Danila Sentiabov aka dsent
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

Code:
Some of the key features in 2.6.29 are:

    * Kernel-based mode setting for graphics adapters - for Intel hardware in particular, at this time. The addition of this code is the beginning of the end of a multi-year effort to rationalize our handling of 3D graphics hardware and provide a top-quality graphical experience to Linux users

kernel 2.6.29 was released at March 23, 2009 so if you havent tried the updated kernel you might want to give it a try[/code]