[Wine] Re: Mapped network drive in wine.

vitamin wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed May 20 21:51:15 CDT 2009

petter wrote:
> I have a Windows software that needs to access a mapped network drive in Wine complains that he does not view the network drive (it needs to see this: / / server / folder).

Mount it using samba then point Wine there mapping one of the drives to that mount in winecfg.

If you can't convince this app to use disk instead of UNC path, then it might or might not work:

Code:
mkdir -p ~/.wine/dosdevices/unc/server
ln -s /mnt/server_folder ~/.wine/dosdevices/unc/server/folder

Where "/mnt/server_folder" is the share mounted with Samba.