[Wine] Pathfinder Office 2.70 install- Regedit case sensitive?

Martin Gregorie martin at gregorie.org
Thu May 21 11:30:39 CDT 2009

On Thu, 2009-05-21 at 10:45 -0500, Paleoethnobotanist wrote:
> That's one of the things I've been trying to figure out.  I've changed
> permissions to include the necessary folders, but not ownership
> (trying to figure out how to do that right now).
>
>From the command line you use the chown utility. If it complains that
you don't have permission to make the change, run chown as root or use
sudo. If you prefer using the GUI, then the file permissions are
accessed from the file manager (Nautilus under Gnome) They are in the
Permissions tab of the Properties pop-up. If you have several files to
change it will be quicker with to use chown than to go in via the GUI,
since the one command can change several files at once.

If its simply that the files aren't owned by the user who should own
them then chown/changing permissions should do the trick.

If the files are in another user's directory, make sure both users are
in the same group or create a group for the purpose and add it to all
appropriate users. Then change the file's group permissions with chmod
to allow the access you need.

Martin