[Wine] Wreid Problem Wine leaves user settings corupted

creed462 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu May 21 17:59:43 CDT 2009

After installing  Command and Conquer  The First Decade on my kubuntu desktop I tried command and conquer gold It failed but left my user account unusable. So I halted the system.  This saved the unable settings.  Basically I had a white screen with no panel and right click wouldn't work.  I had to delete that account and start over.  Well Wine will still leave my desktop like that after running some programs where it hadn't in the past or sometime it restarts x.  any idea.   Note If I force a reboot instead of halting the system then the corrupted settings are not saved.   also Control- Alt- Backspaced stopped restarting x with latest version