[Wine] Re: Running GTA Classics.

jay wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu May 21 20:14:59 CDT 2009

wat wrote:
> After downloading the first two Grand Theft Auto games from the Rockstar Classics website, and installing the first game I received this error:
>
> > MGL Fatal Error!
> > Error 268.473
> > Cannot find a suitable display mode.

Hi there.
Not long ago I tried making GTA2 run, it what was a pain, unplayable laggy even in the menu and sometimes it even locked up my display/graphics card! (couldn't even leave X/switch to CLI), I needed to kill my pc and reboot -.-

What helped:

- restarting X at 16 bpp
and then I could play without any problem as far as I remember.

I hope this helps,
Jay