[Wine] Serial Port Data Slicer applications

mocham wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri May 22 02:09:44 CDT 2009

I'm trying to run some Windows programs that rely on using the serial port with a data slicer interface and a .SYS or .VXD file that under Windows is necessary to transfer the information from the serial port to the application... At least I think this is how it works.

In Wine these apps are complaining that they can't find the .SYS/.VXD files.  In Windows these .SYS and .VXD files are installed using a .INF file.  How do I install stuff that relys on .INFs to register the files?