[Wine] Re: Call for volunteers

fcmartins wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat May 23 02:26:49 CDT 2009

austin987 wrote:

> Sure, that'd be great, but that also takes a lot of manpower :-).

I understand, but it is an investment that could pay off to test applications at each wine release. But I didn't had in mind a full installer like PlayOnLinux. Rather, I would go to a bug report, press a button and:
- if it is an installer, download it (from bugzilla or so for reliability), create a new prefix, create a launcher;
- if the bug happens at run-time, then a configured installation with wineprefix is downloaded to my system, and sets up a launcher. Yes requires a lot of bandwith from Wine (or from someone else), and someone has to put the installation there.
[/quote]

Coincidentally, that's sort of what my Summer of Code project is
about, so give it a couple months and it'll be semi there.
-Austin[/quote]
I went to check back your post and I'm wondering what you mean actually by "test
graphical applications": can you give a brief idea on how this is done, ie, how to test graphical output?