[Wine] Heavy Metal FAKK2 has no sound

The-DarkLord wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat May 23 07:11:21 CDT 2009

Hello,

in the AppDB i have seen, that FAKK2 is fully playable on wine.
After installing the game i started it and it runs really nice but it has no sound at all.
On the wine sound settings i have tested all sound settings and all give back a test sound but whatever i check - in the game there is no sound.
I haven't seen any error messages in terminal. Maybe there is something in the ingame terminal window (q3-based game) but i can't open the terminal, the key don't work.

Anybody has an advice how i can get the sound working on that game?

My system:
HP nx7300 notebook
Kubuntu Hardy 8.04
Wine from packages with apt-get, i think it must be 1.0

Hopefully sb can help me out with that game ^^

Best regards
Dark