[Wine] MIDI in WINE

James Huk huk256 at gmail.com
Sun May 24 05:26:29 CDT 2009

2009/5/23 Rahvasaadik <wineforum-user at winehq.org>

> Sorry if this has been posted thousand times over, I tried searching the
> forum before posting, but came up with nothing useful.
>
> How can I make midi to work in wine? I need it for apps like Sibelius and
> Guitar Pro.
>

> If you have card with hardware soundfonts support (Live! (beside Live! 7.1)
or Audigy (beside Audigy SE) you can use asfxload (search for this in your
app repo – for Debian it is in package awesfx) to load yours sound fonts
(you can find them here: http://alsa.opensrc.org/8MBGMSFX.SF2). If you have
integrated card you will have to use software synthesizer like timidity –
you should find instructions for your distro on google (setting up timidity
can be a bit more complicated, but ONLY a bit), here are instructions for
Arch Linux:

http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Timidity#How_to_setup_timidity.2B.2B

Generally speaking – if midi works in Linux, it will work in wine.