[Wine] Re: Has anyone had any luck with the sims 3?

ilithanos wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun May 24 12:56:50 CDT 2009

3vi1 wrote:
> As far as I know, even The Sims 2 still doesn't work (copy protection?).  So, I'd really be surprised if this one did.

The big difference between The Sims 2 and The Sims 3 on that point is that The Sims 3 has no copy protection ( no DRM).

The reason for this is that EA made a choice to not include DRM with The Sims 3 after the big publicity the DRM issue on SPORE got, both with end users and general public figures.

This alone should make it easier to get it running on linux through wine.