[Wine] Re: How can I detect WINE from my program?

vitamin wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun May 24 16:35:33 CDT 2009

megapup wrote:
> I finded solution, just load kernel32.dll and try to find there function wine_get_unix_file_name()
> I ckecked just now on wine 1.1.22 ubuntu 9.04, it works perfectly

Yes, that is a sure way to detect if you running on Wine.

However keep in mind that fixing Wine is always a most preferred solution. Or at least making Wine return proper errors and have your application handle those errors. So whenever Wine gets fixed your application will continue working properly in the same way it does on windows.