[Wine] Is it possible to run an application automatically?

venstar wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon May 25 08:21:21 CDT 2009

Hi,

I am pretty new in the wine world and maybe I am asking a stupid question, so please have mercy.

I would like to run an application under wine directly, without waiting for the prompt and without executing it manually there. Something like autostart - I execute a Linux shell command that starts the wine and the needed application directly. Is this possible?

My application dumps some plain text info on the stdout and opens a socket so I can communicate with it remotely, no GUI needed. The ultimate goal is to run it remotely (over ssh) and leave it in backgroud.

It seems that it works but I do not know how correct is this. This is the dump I got from putty (no X-forwarding):

> test at test-pc-nl001:~/.wine/drive_c$ wine test_wrapper.exe 5000
> E: client-conf-x11.c: XOpenDisplay() failed
> ALSA lib seq_hw.c:457:(snd_seq_hw_open) open /dev/snd/seq failed: No such file or directory
> Listening on port: 5000
> [native] ConnectTest: 1
> Application tried to create a window, but no driver could be loaded.
> Make sure that your X server is running and that $DISPLAY is set correctly.
> Application tried to create a window, but no driver could be loaded.
> Make sure that your X server is running and that $DISPLAY is set correctly.
> fixme:comm:GetCommProperties (0xa8 0x33f9ac )
> fixme:comm:set_queue_size insize 4096 outsize 2048 unimplemented stub
> fixme:comm:GetCommProperties (0xa8 0x33f968 )
> fixme:comm:io_control Unsupported IOCTL 1b009c (type=1b access=0 func=27 meth=0)
> fixme:comm:set_queue_size insize 128 outsize 32 unimplemented stub
> fixme:comm:GetCommProperties (0xa8 0x33f9dc )

Thank you in advance!

Kindest regards