[Wine] Re: Attempting to Install WINE Onto Linux Lite - Running On Acer

Graeme wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon May 25 14:14:45 CDT 2009

I stripped off the Linpus OS that came with the Acer and installed Kuki Linux (a lightweight variant of Ubuntu) Kuki installs easily and everything works 'out of the box'. Then I installed Wine 1.0.1 via the package manager that comes with Kuki and I'm now running two Windows progs (educational - for schools) no bother.

The Linpus OS that comes with the Acer is based on an old version of Fedora and isn't very accommodating when it comes to upgrading.