[Wine] Re: Can I copy my .wine??

vitamin wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon May 25 16:14:21 CDT 2009

Beartooth wrote:
> OK, thanks! And a dumb question, just in case. My wine is in /
> home/btth -- so can I just c&p the above, tilde and all? Or do I need to spell out my home directory?

"~" tilde is a standard shell expansion for a home directory. If you haven't move your WINEPREFIX (default ~/.wine) then you can copy and paste those commands as-is, replacing the "new_box" of course.

What that means, when you use "~" anywhere in the path, shell automatically replaces (expands) it with the full path of your home directory. Unless of course the path is quoted. Then you should use $HOME instead. Ex:

Code:
$echo ~
/home/vitaliy
$echo "~"